Phab Residential Projects 2019 – Volunteering Opportunities
We are pleased to announce that the Phab Residential Projects for 2019 are now open to applications!
Every year Phab provides a programme of challenging and exciting Residential Holiday Projects for around 120 disabled and non-disabled children and young people. The projects take place at accessible outdoor education centres in Hampshire and the Lake District and have an emphasis on building confidence, independence, working as a team and most importantly having fun! Whilst away activities may include canoeing, climbing, caving, sailing, high ropes courses, archery, discos, trips out and much more. The Phab projects make a huge difference to the lives to the children and young people that take part but we can’t do this without the help of our amazing volunteers! Here is what one parent told us:
“James had an amazing week. He’s home, happy and healthy with a new found confidence, I hope he can hold on to. He can’t believe he’s achieved so much and done things he never believed he could. John and I have had a lovely calm peaceful week and have benefitted enormously from knowing James was happy and so well cared for. Thank you so much to all the amazing staff and volunteers for making this possible, it has been an amazing experience for everyone involved.”
Many of our volunteers return to help year after year because they have had such fun and got so much out of their experience – making new friends, developing new skills and being inspired, alongside the children, to fulfil their own potential. To find out more about what being a Phab volunteer is all about and answers to some frequently asked questions please click here: https://www.phab.org.uk/volunteering-holiday-projects
Applying is simple, just click on the following link and complete the volunteer application form https://www.phab.org.uk/volunteers-form
The panel are meeting to discuss all applications on the 5th – 7th March and you will hear if your application has been successful very soon after this date.
All volunteers must undergo a DBS check, give the names of two referees and must attend the overnight training event. All accommodation, food and activities will be paid for by Phab as well as travel expenses to the centre.
The dates and venues for the 2019 projects are as follows:
- 10th – 12th May – Family Weekend Project at Bendrigg Lodge, Lake District – Supporting families to enjoy their time away together
- 27th July – 3rd August – Seven Nights at Bendrigg Lodge, Lake District – Supporting children and young people aged 8 – 18 years
- 3rd August – 10th August – Seven Nights at Bendrigg Lodge, Lake District age – Supporting children and young people aged 8 – 18 years
- 9th – 16th August – Seven Nights at Avon Tyrrell, Hampshire – Supporting children and young people aged 8 – 25 years (Please note: The children/young people do not arrive until the day after on the 10th August)
- 13th – 15th September – Weekend at Bendrigg Lodge, Lake District – Supporting young adults aged 18 – 25 years
- 11th – 13th October – Weekend at Bendrigg Lodge, Lake District – Supporting children and young people aged 8 – 18 years
The training event will be held at the centre you will be volunteering at. The emphasis will be on team building and practical skills. Overnight accommodation at the centre, food and travel expenses will be paid by Phab to enable you to attend
- For volunteers attending any of the Bendrigg Lodge projects the training weekend will be: 6th – 7th July at Bendrigg Lodge, Lake District
- For volunteers attending the Avon Tyrrell project the training weekend will be: 15th – 16th June at Avon Tyrrell, Hampshire
You are welcome to apply for more than one project but please explain in your application whether you would like to attend all of the projects you have highlighted or if you have an order of preference.
Thank you again for your interest and if you have any questions or need help completing the application form please do get in touch.
National Projects Manager
Phab Limited, Summit House, Wandle Road, Croydon CR0 1DF
Tel: 020 8667 9443
Registered Charity in England & Wales No. 283931